Cloud for Good is seeking a Solution Architect that is highly experienced in designing scalable Salesforce solutions, preferably for nonprofit organizations and/or education institutions. The Solution Architect will have strong technical skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time. The best candidates are Salesforce experts with a passion for nonprofits and educational institutions.
The Solution Architect should have extensive knowledge of Salesforce.com Sales, Service, Community, Nonprofit, and Education Clouds. They could be responsible for successfully creating custom applications using Force.com and integrating Salesforce.com with other systems. In this capacity, the Solution Architect will be an expert in Force.com system design for nonprofit and education use cases. Typical projects may include custom architectures built on top of the NPSP or EDA, Process Builder, Visual flow, Communities, applications from the AppExchange, and other tools that extend the Force.com platform. The Solution Architect will provide technical guidance to the development of Salesforce.com applications to support business and product strategies, serving as the technical lead for implementation design
Location: Virtual: Home-based office in the US or Canada
Work Authorization: Citizens or Permanent Residents of the USA or Canada preferred but can provide Visa sponsorship on a case-by-case basis. Cannot provide C2C.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Salesforce certifications (Admin) required; Salesforce Architect certifications (or component Designer certifications) preferred
- Minimum of three years technical implementation experience, excellent organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Six to seven years of IT experience, advanced skills in Salesforce, Force.com, business analysis, and project scoping
- Experience with Agile methodologies including working within a sprint framework
- Experience developing scalable, highly-performant solutions for complex business requirements leveraging the Force.com platform; Heroku experience a plus
- Applied knowledge of Salesforce and the Sales, Services, and Community functions
- Nonprofit or higher ed industry experience and knowledge of NPSP and EDA is a huge plus
- Experience with Jitterbit Harmony or Jitterbit Cloud Studio a plus
- Strong Salesforce technical knowledge, data modeling skills, and understanding/awareness of other systems commonly found in nonprofit or higher ed system landscapes
- Technical knowledge includes depth and breadth on SF platform across multiple clouds, ability to design scalable architectures for LDV, ability to design performant/efficient automation (declarative or code)
- Ability to develop practical solutions and methodologies as related to Salesforce
- Strong consulting skills, including project management and organization
- Platform Developer I certification
- Solid experience in Data Modeling concepts and tools, including database experience with SOQL, SQL, and/or Oracle
- Experience with Eclipse IDE, VS Code, or Salesforce DX a plus
- Problem-solving skills
- Logical and process-oriented thinking
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Passion for continuous learning
- Teamwork/collaboration skills
- Presentation skills
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions
- Oversee and approve creation and maintenance of application and system documentation used in design, testing or programming efforts, including ERDs, system landscapes, and data flow diagrams
- Work comfortably with large data volumes (LDV) and be able to make recommendations for handling LDV both on and off the Salesforce.com platform
- Guide the environment management plan and release strategies for projects, validating that the correct development environments, change controls, and deployment plans are in place; plans may include source control and continuous integration set-up
- Identify synergies between the various SaaS product offerings in terms of application and infrastructure and will offer guidance on best practices and efficiencies in the utilization
- Work with Account Executives in a Sales Engineering function to scope project proposals with appropriate estimates for the level of effort to deliver solutions and present a vision to prospects of possible solutions and outcomes
- Oversee or review large data migrations
- Provide colleagues with one-off and ongoing technical assistance as needed
- Serve as the lead technical resource on Salesforce implementation projects
- Oversee project architecture and technical solutions (automation, integration, release management)
- Provide technical guidance to Services and Sales regarding the development of Salesforce.com applications to support business and product strategies
- Gather and assess client technical requirements
- Create custom applications using Force.com and integrate Salesforce.com with other systems
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of Force.com application development, Salesforce.com integration, and extension, features, and designing solutions
- Evaluate all SaaS vendors operational practices, security, and system architectures
- Show a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Diversity and Equal Opportunity Commitment
- At Cloud for Good, we adhere to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and extend these principles to all our employees and prospective candidates. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy status, amnesty, veteran status, medical condition, or any other legally protected characteristics as defined by federal, state, and local laws. Our commitment to non-discrimination applies across every location in which our company operates, and it encompasses all aspects of employment.
- Cloud for Good strongly encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds and identities to submit their applications. Our unwavering commitment to fostering diversity not only enhances our workplace but also enhances the outcomes we deliver to our clients. See our full diversity statement here.
- We value inclusivity and want applicants who may require special assistance or accommodation during the interview process to know we’re here to assist you.
- Use of AI in Interviewing
- At Cloud for Good, we believe in conducting interviews that are fair, equitable, and designed to evaluate candidates based on their qualifications and experience, with the organization. To ensure that all candidates are given an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities, we prohibit the use of AI or any other type of machine learning tools during the interview process.
- Candidates are expected to participate in the interview process remotely using video conferencing. Any attempt to use AI or similar technology to respond to interview questions, analyze or provide feedback on the interview process, or perform any other interview-related tasks is strictly prohibited and will be considered a violation of our policy and may result in disqualification from the interview process.
- We understand that some candidates may have disabilities or other circumstances that require accommodation during the interview process. In such cases, we will make reasonable accommodations to enable candidates to participate in the interview process to the best of their ability. However, we do not permit the use of AI or similar technology as a substitute for direct participation in the interview.
Your cover letter should include:
- Why you’d like to work for us
- Why you think you’d connect with our clients
- Your unique experience and qualifications that make you the best candidate
No Calls Please!