Dreamforce 2019 is just one week away (6 days if we are being a stickler…not that I’m counting). With thousands of sessions and many inspiring keynotes, attendees will gather to learn about the future of technology while exploring how it can positively impact our world. It is a chance to network within the Salesforce ecosystem, expand your knowledge, innovate and have a lot of fun.
But if you can’t attend, how can you get the most out of Dreamforce from your office chair?
I’ve had the pleasure of attending Dreamforce 10 times, and I just shared my secrets of where to find the live-streamed Keynotes, who to follow and how to make sure you are getting the most of the event, even from your office chair in the below webinar.
It’s worth a watch but in case you need a cheat sheet, here are the Highlights:
Learn from Dreamforce 2018
While we are so excited to hear about the new product and feature enhancements from Dreamforce 2019, there are still numerous resources from Dreamforce 2018 that can help you learn about best practices for your fundraising, advancement, program management and so much more. Plus, announcements from last year’s keynotes are likely still being incorporated into new releases this year. From Salesforce’s YouTube Channel to all the recorded sessions, there are hours upon hours of content ready for you to absorb.
Dreamforce 2019 – Start Here
I’d recommend you start your Dreamforce 2019 journey by opening the main Dreamforce page. Here you can find schedules, speakers, and logistical information for all things Dreamforce 2019 to get a sense of what is happening at the conference and what you may be able to tune into remotely.
The keynotes are one of our favorite parts of Dreamforce. They are there to inspire, reinvigorate your Salesforce passion AND announce their coolest product and feature enhancements. Just because you won’t be in San Francisco, doesn’t mean you have to be the last to know. You can watch the Keynote, selected sessions and other great stuff LIVE! Here are the times of the keynotes we think you won’t want to miss!
Day 1- Tuesday, November 19th:
- Dreamforce Main Keynote: The Empowered Trailblazer – 10:00 AM PST
- Speakers: Fawad Ahmad, Chief Digital Officer State Farm Insurance Companies, Keith Block, Co-CEO Salesforce and Marc Benioff, Chairman and Co-CEO Salesforce
- Salesforce.org Keynote: Innovating Together to Change Our World – 1:00 PM PST
- Speakers: Allyson Fryhoff, Chief Strategic Engagement Officer Salesforce.org, Cathy O’Bryan, Associate Vice President, University IT Services Indiana University Bloomington, Courtney Rusler, Alliance Manager Deloitte Consulting, Ebony Beckwith, Chief Philanthropy Officer Salesforce, Margo Mayes, Sr Director, Business Development Salesforce.org, Nasi Jazayeri, Chief Technology and Products Officer Salesforce.org, Pam Iorio, CEO Big Brothers Big Sisters Of America and Rob Acker, CEO Salesforce.org
Day 2 – Wednesday, November 20th:
- Education Cloud: Innovative Lifelong Learning for Everyone – 8:30 AM PST
- Speakers: Daman Grewal, CTO San Mateo County Community College District, Donna Kidwell, CIO EdPlus at ASU, Geshri Gunasekera, Director, Higher Ed Industry Solutions Salesforce.org, Jason Belland, VP Student Success Salesforce.org, Karrie Mitchell, VP of Planning, Research & Institutional Effectiveness San Mateo County Community College District, Lily Ladd, VP Strategic Education Partnerships Salesforce and Shea Lewis, Director Salesforce.org
- K-12 Kick-Off: Driving School and Student Success – 1:00 PM PST
- Speakers: Curtiss Sarikey, Chief of Staff Oakland Unified School District, Helen Hwang, Sr Director K-12 Industry Solutions & Strategy Salesforce.org, Kyla Johnson-Trammell, Superintendent Oakland Unified School District and Michael Slawnik, Director of Technology – Apps & Development Interlochen Center for the Arts
- Nonprofit Cloud Keynote: Reimaging Technology to Put People First – 2:00 PM PST
- Speakers: Andrea Schiller, Senior Product Marketing Manager Salesforce.org, Calaneet Balas, Guest ALS Association, David Ragones SVP GM Nonprofit Cloud Salesforce, David Slater, Vice President – Nonprofit Salesforce.org, Dean Feener, Senior Director Donor Engagement The ALS Association, Heath Parks, System and Process Analyst, Cincinnati Nonprofit User Group Leader Cincinnati Works, Norah Stevens-Kittner, Director Product Marketing Salesforce
- Philanthropy Cloud: The Future of Workplace Culture – 3:30 PM PST
- Speakers: Ebony Beckwith, Chief Philanthropy Officer Salesforce, Georges Smine, VP Product Marketing Philanthropy Cloud Salesforce, Jody Kohner, Senior Vice President Employee Engagement Salesforce, Kerri Folmer, Managing Director Deloitte, Nick Bailey VP Innovation and Products Salesforce, Richard Curtis CBE, Film Writer and Director and United Nations SDG Advocate, Stephanie Slingerland, Director Philanthropy/Social Impact Kellogg Company and William Browning, Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer United Way Worldwide
Take a few moments to look at the topics, organizations and partners who are presenting and make sure you look back for any presentation you may be interested in. There are tons of options on how to improve your business process or grow your Salesforce career. After sessions are complete, recordings, copies of the presentations and community conversations will be found here.
A picture speaks a thousand words, and there are so many to peruse from during Dreamforce. The Salesforce ecosystem (myself included!) is incredible at sharing content on all social media platforms (especially Twitter).
Here are some great lists of Twitter profiles to follow if you want to see amazing pictures and get a ‘behind the scene’ view of Dreamforce. You should also be following Dreamforce on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, #DF19 and, of course, YouTube. Cloud for Good will also be documenting our time in the Golden Gate city and can be found on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
For a more personal feel, be sure to follow our Goodies on Twitter who are attending Dreamforce:
- Aiden Martin, Senior Cloud Consultant
- Bryan Gould, VP of Sales
- Elle McKay, Solutions Architect
- Kestryl Lowrey, Technical Architect
- Kristin Kiester, Partner Alliance Manager
- Skye Tyler, Cloud Consultant
- Tal Frankfurt, Founder and CEO
Industry References and Resources
Many organizations, Cloud for Good included, know that not everyone is able to make it to Dreamforce. Make sure to check out blogs, books and other applications that can help ‘keep you in the know.’ Here is a list of some we’ve already found helpful:
- Org Confessions – this will also be a session at Dreamforce where Admins share confessions of things they’ve seen (and done) in orgs!
Okay, so this may seem a little less Dreamforce specific – but, if you can’t make the Keynote live, why not cozy up and catch the Dreamforce spirit from your couch with some great books written by Dreamforce speakers past and present.
- Becoming Michelle Obama
- Endurance Scott Kelly
- Sisters First Barbara Bush
- The Moment of Life Melinda Gates
- Trailblazer – Marc Benioff
Join in on the Dreamforce fun and make a trailmoji version of yourself. Add it to your social media channel and check out others!
You may also enjoy:
- Nonprofit Cloud Keynote Highlights from Dreamforce 2018
- Education Cloud Highlights from Dreamforce 2018
- Recorded Webinar: Why it May be Time to Upgrade Your Marketing Automation
- Recorded Webinar: The Future is Now – Machine Learning + Chatbots for Nonprofits and Higher Education