A multi-departmental roll-out of Salesforce and improved user adoption are helping Youth Villages to provide better service to at-risk youth around the US.
Youth Villages is committed to helping troubled children and their families find success and provides a comprehensive array of programs and services all over the US.
- Ineffective use of Salesforce – The original Salesforce implementation, which was handled by another firm, was functional, but not optimal.
- Users did not use Salesforce willingly due to a lack of perceived value to their job.
- Information was tracked and managed in many locations and forms: Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, Outlook, personal phones, Salesforce, personal planners, and some information was not documented at all.
- Staff was in need of additional training and support.
- While the current system provided information about the organization’s donors, Youth Villages needed to track and manage cross-departmental relationships to provide a complete picture of each participant whether s/he was a donor, mentor, a referral partner or all of the above.
- Youth Villages selected Cloud for Good because of the company’s impressive track record helping similar nonprofit organizations.
- Cloud for Good mapped and documented Youth Villages’ business processes, pain points, and needs to provide end-to-end suggestions for improvements.
- Cloud for Good improved the overall quality of the users’ experience with the system’s interface, specifically making Salesforce easier to use.
- Salesforce was rolled-over to multiple departments to provide an accurate and centralized database.
- Salesforce Outlook Connector was installed for all Salesforce users and mobile apps were activated for most users.
- Cloud for Good provided role based and one-on-one training in addition to facilitating a monthly round table Salesforce discussion with key Salesforce users.
- The enhanced implementation is helping the organization grow in a more effective and efficient way across the US.
- Cross-department reports and dashboards provide the organization’s management team a better and a more complete view of its accomplishments.
- Salesforce adoption among users increased significantly. Users are not only logging in to the system more than before, they are tracking information and conversations about constituents and projects. Salesforce users perceive the system as a vital tool to perform their job.
- Youth Villages is currently considering rolling out Salesforce from its headquarters to 22 states around the US.
“Cloud for Good has helped us with some pretty complex implementations in a rather large non-profit organization ($175M). Tal is knowledgeable and flexible. We are 100% satisfied with his support and would recommend him to anyone.”
Peter Abell, Assistant Director, Development