Great upgrades of two Nonprofit Starter Pack (NPSP) packages were released, Contacts and Organizations, and Households, with a stunning amount of new functionality.
Contacts and Organizations
- A new Admin interface
- Better, more reliable control of the Account model
- Automatic Contact Roles for donations with an option to choose the default contact role value.
- Easier migration of Opportunities (donations) – when importing Opportunities, provide a Contact Id, and Contact Roles will be assigned automatically.
- Lead conversion that allows for creating Opportunities and merging to existing Contacts
- An improved Contact Merge interface
- A new Admin interface that is much easier to administer.
- Roll up Opportunities to Contacts,Accounts and
- Ability to exclude certain types and record types from rollups
- Get separate Membership rollups and data by calling out a specific record type for Membership
- Recalculate rollups on demand
- Rollups are automatically recalculated at 1am every night
- Soft Credit – automatic Contact Roles for the household members of Contacts on Opportunities
It is recommended that users install the packages into the sandbox first.
- To install Contacts and Organizations 2.0, click here
- To Install Households 2.0, click here
- To use the new Householding, you must install the new Contacts and Organizations package first.
- All the NPSP packages are also listed on the AppExchange
Huge kudos for the Salesforce Foundation and specifically to Steve Anderson for their awesome work!