In less than 20 days, Dreamforce 2017 will be upon us!
One of our favorite things about Dreamforce is the ability to meet so many individuals with varied backgrounds and industry knowledge, all coming together to celebrate one thing: the power of Salesforce! Each year Dreamforce gets bigger, providing opportunities to hear from more presenters and organizations, and more topics are added to the agenda each year.
Whether you are an experienced Salesforce Administrator or Developer, or you are completely new to the Salesforce platform, you will not only find sessions of interest, but you will meet many individuals that have similar backgrounds as well. With hundreds of sessions on differing topic areas focusing across all Salesforce Clouds (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Health Cloud, etc.), there will be numerous sessions aimed at the educational opportunities you are seeking. Agenda Builder also lets you look for sessions based on industry and this year there are even more nonprofit and higher education specific sessions for you to choose.
Salesforce.Org has a dedicated lodge for nonprofit and higher education attendees to meet and learn from one another. Nonprofit specific vendors, partners, and consultants will be in the Salesforce.Org Lodge (located in the Westin St. Francis) presenting and sharing ideas with the community. We’ll be back in the Lodge at Booth 12A. Stop by and talk to our team to learn more about the transformational value of Saleforce. Sharpen your networking skills as you’ll have the chance to meet other organizations that have harnessed the power of Salesforce, as well as those just starting their Salesforce journey. We’ve highlighted some of our client sessions that you may want to check out while you’re in the Salesforce.Org Lodge.
- On Monday, November 6, check out Gordon Lee, Salesforce Administrator at Common Sense Media. He’ll be speaking about How Not to Fail at Your Salesforce Implementation at 9:00 am. It’s an earlier session, but one that you won’t want to miss!
- On Tuesday, November 7 at 10:20 am, join our Director of Professional Services, Laura Maker and LifeMoves, Chief Financial Officer, Craig Garber for Data…and Beyond! LifeMoves and their Salesforce Implementation. Learn how LifeMoves chose the Salesforce platform to improve case management and client communications.
- On Tuesday, November 7 at 12:30 pm, our Paige Van Riper and Steven Lowery will be assisting with Circles of Success: Weathering the Storm of Change Management for Nonprofit, Higher Ed and K-12. Join the discussion and collaborate with your peers.
- On Wednesday, November 8 at 9:00 am, join Kara Davis and Khuloud Odeh with Urban Institute, to learn more about change management in their session, Plan for the Road Ahead: The Power of a Roadmap & Managing Change Along the Way.
- On Wednesday, November 8 at 11:30 am, Nate Marsh, Managing Director of Business Intelligence at Citizen Schools will be speaking at a session called Raise Funds the Fun Way: A Tale of Two Nonprofits. Nate will discuss how his organization is using Campaigns, Campaign Hierarchies, and Opportunities to track fundraising progress towards meeting annual goals.
- On Thursday, November 9 at 9:00 am, join Adam Kramer, Salesforce MVP and Manager of Salesforce Administration at RAND Corporation, for his session, From the N to the P to the S to the P: Admin Hacks for the NPSP Admin.
The Salesforce.Org Lodge is perfect for nonprofits and higher education institutions, but don’t overlook the rest of Dreamforce! Head over to Moscone West and check out the Admin Meadow. You’ll find a few Goodies speaking in the Admin Meadow Theater.
- On Wednesday, November 8, Laura Maker, Director of Professional Services will be presenting about Using Chatter to Increase Adoption at 4:00 pm. User adoption isn’t always an easy task to accomplish, but using Chatter can help!
- On Tuesday, November 7 at 3:30 pm, Salesforce MVP and Senior Cloud Consultant, Aiden Martin, will be talking about reports! Check out his session, Extending the Report Builder with Custom Report Types.
- On Thursday, November 9 at 8: 30 am (it may be early, but this session will be excellent), Salesforce MVP and Director of Professional Services, Paige Van Riper is presenting How to Lead Change Management Like a Boss in the Admin Meadow Theater.
As usual, there are many big names that you’ll see and hear from at Dreamforce this year. Salesforce CEO, Marc Benioff will provide his annual keynote as well as a number of notable speakers including:
- Michelle Obama, Former First Lady
- Ashton Kutcher, Co-Founder, Thorn; World Economic Forum, Young Global Leader
- Jenna Hager, Contributing Correspondent, NBC’s Today, Editor-At-Large, Southern Living
- Sylvia Acevedo, CEO, Girl Scouts of the USA
- Alicia Keys and Lenny Kravitz will be performing at Dreamfest
If you are seeking to develop or strengthen some of your Salesforce skills, don’t miss the chance to sign up for hands on training or certification exams at Dreamforce. Hands on training allows you to take advantage of Salesforce experts teaching about topic areas such as Flows or Process Builder. Certification exams are a great way to highlight your skillset in a certain area and help build expertise in the Salesforce Community. Be sure not to miss these great speakers, sessions, and much more!
Another area you must check out during Dreamforce is the Customer Success Expo. In the Expo, you’ll find a myriad of vendors that offer products and/or services that are part of or integrate with Salesforce. For example, if you are in need of a new survey tool or document management system, you can visit the Expo to meet many different vendors that can provide a solution to meet your needs. If you are simply interested in just perusing to see what options you have available, the Expo will not disappoint. Don’t forget to bring a bag with you – you’ll collect swag along the way, and you’ll need to get it home after spending a couple of hours in the Expo hall!
This year, Cloud for Good is pleased to sponsor the GirlForce breakfast. This awesome group of women mentor each other, both personally and professionally. They share laughs and collaborate, while learning and sharing their knowledge of Salesforce. Join them on November 7 from 8:00 to 10:30 am. You’ll even be able to watch Michelle Obama’s keynote while you’re there.
Would you like to meet with a one of our team members while you’re at Dreamforce this year? Stop by our booth (12A) in the Salesforce.Org Lodge or fill out the form below to schedule a time around your scheduled Dreamforce sessions. We can’t wait to see you in San Francisco soon!
Check out more great posts about and the Dreamforce experience: