The Senior Salesforce Developer will be a lead technical resource on the Salesforce implementation team. They will be responsible for evaluating, designing, and building key technical components on the Salesforce Platform for nonprofit organizations and higher education institutions. Successful candidates will have expert technical knowledge of Salesforce.com Sales and Service Clouds, as well as the Nonprofit Success Pack and the Education Data Architecture. The Senior Salesforce Developer will code using Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning, including developing Apex triggers from scratch.
Location: Virtual Home-based office in the US or Canada
Work Authorization: Citizens or Permanent Residents of the USA or Canada preferred but can provide Visa sponsorship on a case-by-case basis. Cannot provide C2C.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of three years Salesforce developer experience, including Apex classes and triggers, batch and scheduled jobs, API integration (REST and SOAP), Visualforce, and Aura (Lightning) components
- Applied knowledge of Salesforce and the Sales, Services, and Marketing functions; Nonprofit or higher education experience preferred
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
- Experience with databases, including SOQL, SQL, and/or Oracle
- Familiarity with Eclipse IDE, VS Code, and/or SalesforceDX CLI
- Ability to develop practical, reusable code-based solutions for Salesforce implementation project requirements
- Familiarity with patterns and best practices for bulkified, scalable code on a multi-tenant platform
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of agile methodology; experience working as part of an agile development team
- Experience building complex, scalable, and high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to work with SFDC developers and declarative configuration experts that provide insight and solutions for each
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and verbal/written communication
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clean, efficient, well-documented code with robust test coverage
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong project management skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Passion for continuous learning
- Teamwork/collaboration skills
- Presentation skills
- Work on project implementation teams as the technical lead consultant for developing automation logic, user interfaces, and user experiences
- Evaluate, design, and implement technical solutions for nonprofit and higher education clients
- Write comprehensive test code coverage for all classes, triggers, and components delivered in a project
- Deliver quality results for the client in a timely fashion and be able to handle projects with multiple clients at once
- Work hand–in–hand with the project manager and delivery team to ensure all the requirements are met
- Deliver projects within scope and budget
- Facilitate internal and external meetings
- Be a thought leader within the Salesforce ecosystem
- Report on the status and risks of each project to the Director of Professional Services
- Regularly participate in code review sessions to ensure code is adherent to CFG Code Standards
- Maintain expert technical knowledge of Salesforce.com Sales and Service Clouds
- Maintain expert technical knowledge of NPSP and EDA
- Balance projects with multiple clients at once
- Assess client business requirements to design architecturally-sound solutions
- Show a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Deliver project assignments on time and within budget
- Perpetually contribute to the betterment of Cloud for Good
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Cloud for Good provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy status, amnesty, veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state and local laws. Cloud for Good complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Use of AI in Interviewing
- At Cloud for Good, we believe in conducting interviews that are fair, equitable, and designed to evaluate candidates based on their qualifications and experience, with the organization. To ensure that all candidates are given an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities, we prohibit the use of AI or any other type of machine learning tools during the interview process.
- Candidates are expected to participate in the interview process remotely using video conferencing. Any attempt to use AI or similar technology to respond to interview questions, analyze or provide feedback on the interview process, or perform any other interview-related tasks is strictly prohibited and will be considered a violation of our policy and may result in disqualification from the interview process.
- We understand that some candidates may have disabilities or other circumstances that require accommodation during the interview process. In such cases, we will make reasonable accommodations to enable candidates to participate in the interview process to the best of their ability. However, we do not permit the use of AI or similar technology as a substitute for direct participation in the interview.
Your cover letter should include:
- Why you’d like to work for us
- Why you think you’d connect with our clients
- Your unique experience and qualifications that make you the best candidate
No Calls Please!