Cloud for Good is looking for a Payroll & HR Specialist to join our growing People & Operations team. This role will work and partner to support 2 departments under the Operations umbrella – HR and Finance. The role will report to the Financial Controller.
You will be successful in this role if you are an individual that is passionate about payroll and HR efficiencies that supports streamlining and automating processes to ensure the organization can scale.
Location: Virtual: Home-based office in the US or Canada
Work Authorization: Citizens or Permanent Residents of USA or Canada. Cannot provide Visa sponsorship.
- Process semi-monthly, multi-state payroll on a 24-pay period cycle for 150+ US employees through ADP
- Ensure payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, garnishments, and others are accurate before processing payroll
- Manage the funding of payroll withholdings such as (retirement programs, flexible spending accounts, etc.)
- Process variable compensation, stipends, reimbursement, and other expense payments as necessary
- Perform post-payroll duties
- Prepare journal entries on a global scale for payroll and benefits
- Partner with Canadian PEO to process payroll, benefits, variable compensation, and expenses for Canadian employees
- Partner with the Financial Controller for G/L, reconciliations related to payroll, payroll funding, and taxes
- Troubleshoot issues with payroll and time off programs as necessary
- Answer employee questions as they relate to payroll and time off programs
- Recommend corrective action or process improvement where necessary
- Prepare and manage financial reports as needed
- Maintain the HR system as it relates to employee data for onboarding, offboarding, and status changes
- Process salary updates and changes within the HRIS system and various partner tools such as (retirement programs and flexible spending accounts)
- Manage the onboarding process, such as background checks and I9 verification
- Maintain organizational charts and employee directory
- Maintain compensation data and update with appropriate documentation a necessary
- Maintain time off programs in Salesforce and monitor to ensure accurate data
- Respond to employment verification and wage history requests
- Maintain the HR electronic document storage system per company data integrity and security standards
- Partner with HR to ensure compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements
- Track, process, and document leaves of absence
- Monitor and ensure staff completion of mandatory training
- Review and edit job descriptions, conduct research to gather compensation data, and prepare recommendations as necessary
- Generate a variety of ad hoc and recurring HR reports, research and analyze data for reports, surveys, and budgeting process
- Responsible for Covid 19 administration if an outbreak occurs
- Support audit activities as necessary. For example, audits could be driven by internal or external needs such as retirement programs, taxes, workers comp., etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar/related position
- Understanding of compensation and benefits programs
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Proficiency with HRIS and payroll systems, Salesforce, and Outlook products
- Knowledge of wage garnishments, child support deductions, and complying with court orders
- Understanding of pre-tax and post-tax benefits
- Knowledge of federal and state labor and tax laws (FLSA)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cloud for Good provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy status, amnesty, veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state and local laws. Cloud for Good complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Your cover letter should include:
- Why you’d like to work for us
- Why you think you’d connect with our clients
- Your unique experience and qualifications that make you the best candidate
No Calls Please!