The Director of Salesforce Technology Services is a key leader of the growing technology team, enabling the organization to meet its ambitious growth goals. The role is split into three key areas of responsibility and will report directly to the Managing Director, Technology Services. First, successfully delivering client projects across all business units (nonprofit and higher education organizations). Secondly, leading a team of Salesforce architects and developers to deliver client work. Finally, serving as a thought leader, strategist, and innovator of the technology department within Cloud for Good.
Location: Virtual: Home-based office in the USA or Canada.
Work Authorization: Citizens or Permanent Residents of the USA or Canada.
- Client Services
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, and of the highest quality, adhering to the technology roadmap
- Oversee the delivery and quality of technical deliverables, ensuring the correct technical solution, configuration and development is implemented on time to meet client expectations
- Oversee the QA aspect of delivering technical deliverables
- Participate in and facilitate client requirements and solution design
- Participate in consulting projects as a senior resource, as needed
- Gather feedback and best practices from client engagements to improve and refine technical offerings
- Support pre-sales and sales processes through scoping through thought partnerships and interactions with potential clients, as needed
- Maintain a billable quota of 10-20%
- Manage and provide leadership to Salesforce architects and developers in a distributed working environment
- Build and manage an effective and cohesive team of technologists to deliver Salesforce solutions to clients
- In partnership with leadership, define the technology staffing strategy as it relates to client and business needs
- Act as a point of escalation for architects and developers, as needed
- Participate in the performance management process through goal setting and performance reviews for assigned team members
- Act as a role model for Cloud for Good’s culture and values – actively build positive team culture
- Serve as a member of Cloud for Good’s Leadership team
- Drive internal initiatives that enable technology growth, efficiency, profitability, quality, and knowledge of technology staff
- Contribute/lead to technology team initiatives and assist with other relevant projects as needed
- Establish procedures and ensure proper use of project and release management tools and tactics across cross-functional teams, including user documentation and SOPs
- Maintains awareness of industry best practices and business levers
- Guide and maintain configuration and development standards and best practices to ensure the team is meeting platform expectations
- Contribute to thought leadership and development
- Serve as a public face for the company by assisting in marketing activities, such as writing blogs, participating in digital and in-person events, and writing customer success stories
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 6+ years experience in client services or consulting services
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with developing and configuring Salesforce technology
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience
- Experience in Agile Delivery Methodology
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing Salesforce technology best practices
- Experience managing a team in a project or professional services environment
- Presentation, communication, and facilitation skills
- Self-starter with proven ability to successfully kick-start new initiatives and to drive complex issues through analysis and resolution
- Technology Expertise:
- Salesforce technical certifications (Developer or Architect certifications)
- Salesforce integration skills integrating Salesforce with MuleSoft or other middleware products
- Solid experience in Data Modeling concepts and tools, including database experience with SOQL, SQL, and Oracle
- Experience with Eclipse IDE, VS Code, or Salesforce DX a plus
- Ability to review/share feedback on Salesforce configuration and development best practices supporting application scalability
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of all Salesforce product offerings
- Strong understanding of architectural design patterns, including object-oriented design patterns, common integration patterns, event-based architectures, etc.
- Proven experience leading clients and engagement teams through complex solution implementations.
- Ability to lead simultaneous initiatives in an entrepreneurial culture.
- Multi-task oriented with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong, proactive leadership skills
Travel is dependent on requirements. Typical travel engagements post-Covid will include Managerial and Executive meetings, business travel for strategic sales or client engagements, and requested attendance to industry events.
- Diversity and Equal Opportunity Commitment
- At Cloud for Good, we adhere to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and extend these principles to all our employees and prospective candidates. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy status, amnesty, veteran status, medical condition, or any other legally protected characteristics as defined by federal, state, and local laws. Our commitment to non-discrimination applies across every location in which our company operates, and it encompasses all aspects of employment.
- Cloud for Good strongly encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds and identities to submit their applications. Our unwavering commitment to fostering diversity not only enhances our workplace but also enhances the outcomes we deliver to our clients. See our full diversity statement here.
- We value inclusivity and want applicants who may require special assistance or accommodation during the interview process to know we’re here to assist you.
- Use of AI in Interviewing
- At Cloud for Good, we believe in conducting interviews that are fair, equitable, and designed to evaluate candidates based on their qualifications and experience, with the organization. To ensure that all candidates are given an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities, we prohibit the use of AI or any other type of machine learning tools during the interview process.
- Candidates are expected to participate in the interview process remotely using video conferencing. Any attempt to use AI or similar technology to respond to interview questions, analyze or provide feedback on the interview process, or perform any other interview-related tasks is strictly prohibited and will be considered a violation of our policy and may result in disqualification from the interview process.
- We understand that some candidates may have disabilities or other circumstances that require accommodation during the interview process. In such cases, we will make reasonable accommodations to enable candidates to participate in the interview process to the best of their ability. However, we do not permit the use of AI or similar technology as a substitute for direct participation in the interview.
Your cover letter should include:
- Why you’d like to work for us
- Why you think you’d connect with our clients
- Your unique experience and qualifications that make you the best candidate
No Calls Please!