The Principal Consultant is part of a newly formed team called Delivery Excellence in our Services Practice. The focus of the role is defining and enabling excellence across delivery at Cloud for Good. The initial focus will be on Project and Program Management. The role provides support and mentorship to the Program/Project Managers in their roles of Engagement Management and Program/Project Management across all of the delivery models and services lines at Cloud For Good. The Practice Lead will establish, refine, and enable Engagement Managers, Project Managers, and delivery teams in Cloud for Good’s implementation methodology, Project Management technology stack, and supporting business process. Successful candidates will be highly experienced in delivering Salesforce solutions for nonprofit and/or higher education organizations, have exceptional project management skills, be interested in establishing new processes and systems, and have a demonstrated background in successfully delivering client projects.
Like other leadership roles at Cloud for Good, this is an outcomes-driven role. The role requires driving towards stated outcomes in enablement, sales, and mentoring, in addition to project work, as needed to be successful.
Location: Virtual Home-based office in the USA or Canada.
Work Authorization: Citizens or Permanent Residents of the USA or Canada. Cannot provide Visa Sponsorship.
The objectives of the role are to establish and enable standards of delivery excellence via engagement and project management methodologies, tools, and processes at Cloud for Good.
- Establish Cloud for Good’s first leadership role in our Delivery Excellence Practice, in partnership with Delivery Team leadership, and across Engagement and Project Managers.
- Develop, refine, and deploy model project management tools, processes, solutions, and methodologies across the Services organizations
- Goal to institutionalize the process of piloting projects: implements and manages effective tools and methodologies; defines and develops steering indicators; and monitors operational project planning management, budget control, reporting, and risk monitoring
- Establish Quality Assurance Program for all active Projects/Accounts at Cloud for Good
- Support Project Managers in implementing tools and methodologies to support the quality of project deliverables.
- Serve as a thought leader for the nonprofit and/or higher education vertical
- Participate in pre-sales activities, in alignment with Sales and in partnership with Director, such as ensuring estimate and narrative support the current project management methodology.
- Act as a role model for Cloud for Good’s culture and values
- Serve as an expert in CFG methodology and business process
- Provide feedback to CFG leadership on how the company can improve
- Perpetually contribute to the betterment of Cloud for Good
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Highly skilled in Engagement & Project Management
- Experienced in Change and Quality Assurance Management
- Should have increasing responsibilities in professional services Risk Management, Project Financials, KPI & Reporting, Project Planning and Controlling
- 3-5 years of Scrum Master Experience
- Expert in Agile methodologies
- Salesforce.com administrator certification
- Certified as either a Nonprofit Cloud Consultant or an Education Cloud Consultant
- Experience working with nonprofits and/or higher education institutions
- 6+ years of experience in client services, and/or consulting services
- 4+ years of experience managing Salesforce implementations or services engagements in a consultative model
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing professional services best practices
- Proven experience leading clients and project teams through complex solution implementations
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve client/project risks and issues
- Strong consulting skills, including project and time management, communication, and teamwork/collaboration
- Functional: Demonstrated success in leading projects larger than $1M
- Proven track record of continuously improving organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent education/experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong, proactive leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced time management skills to work in an environment without direct supervision or structure
- Intellectual curiosity
- Passion for continuous learning
- Presentation skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cloud for Good provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy status, amnesty, veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state and local laws. Cloud for Good complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.