Cloud for Good is looking for a Marketing Content Writer to join our marketing team and help amplify the voice of our brand. The Cloud for Good Content writer will plan, write, and edit content to support the marketing team and our various marketing campaigns. An ideal candidate will have exceptional written skills, be able to communicate complex, technical solutions easily, and provide a friendly and confident tone for our brand. The role will be responsible for helping create any written content generated for Cloud for Good, including White Papers, blogs, customer success stories, reports, external content, and more.
Location: Virtual: Home-based office in the US or Canada
Work Authorization: Citizens or Permanent Residents of USA or Canada. Cannot Provide Visa Sponsorship
An Ideal Candidate will:
- Have experience writing for a brand
- Possess exceptional written skills
- Be able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Create a welcoming environment for collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Be able to identify target audiences, and research new topics to provide insightful and meaningful content
- Have a keen desire to grow and learn
- Be able to juggle ghost writing for several voices at Cloud for Good, including Executive and Leadership team
- Plan, write and proof-read engaging blogs and articles that tie into the overall content strategy of the marketing team with the purpose of driving traffic, engagement and leads
- Produce well-researched industry-related content for both Cloud for Good and External Industry Publications
- Collaborates across sales, services and partner alliances to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet our objectives
- Identify target audiences and match the tone and voice needed to make impact with content
- Basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement
- Identify and create content for sources outside of Cloud for Good, extending our brand reach
- Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
- Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed
- Channel management of digital content including newsletter, success stories, blog posts, eBooks and reports
- Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis
Qualifications + Education Requirements
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and learn about the industries and audiences we serve
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure while maintaining a professional attitude
- Experience with WordPress and Google Analytics
- Salesforce ecosystem experience or familiarity is a plus
- Nonprofit and Higher education experience or familiarity is a plus
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities and multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
- Diversity and Equal Opportunity Commitment
- At Cloud for Good, we adhere to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and extend these principles to all our employees and prospective candidates. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy status, amnesty, veteran status, medical condition, or any other legally protected characteristics as defined by federal, state, and local laws. Our commitment to non-discrimination applies across every location in which our company operates, and it encompasses all aspects of employment.
- Cloud for Good strongly encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds and identities to submit their applications. Our unwavering commitment to fostering diversity not only enhances our workplace but also enhances the outcomes we deliver to our clients. See our full diversity statement here.
- We value inclusivity and want applicants who may require special assistance or accommodation during the interview process to know we’re here to assist you.
- Use of AI in Interviewing
- At Cloud for Good, we believe in conducting interviews that are fair, equitable, and designed to evaluate candidates based on their qualifications and experience, with the organization. To ensure that all candidates are given an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities, we prohibit the use of AI or any other type of machine learning tools during the interview process.
- Candidates are expected to participate in the interview process remotely using video conferencing. Any attempt to use AI or similar technology to respond to interview questions, analyze or provide feedback on the interview process, or perform any other interview-related tasks is strictly prohibited and will be considered a violation of our policy and may result in disqualification from the interview process.
- We understand that some candidates may have disabilities or other circumstances that require accommodation during the interview process. In such cases, we will make reasonable accommodations to enable candidates to participate in the interview process to the best of their ability. However, we do not permit the use of AI or similar technology as a substitute for direct participation in the interview.