Enhanced Usability, Workflows, and Reporting Are Helping the Technion’s Staff to Be More Effective and Efficient in their Recruitment and Admission Processes
The Techion – Israel Institute of Technology – is ranked among the top technological institutes in the world and has a distinguished faculty which includes two Nobel Prize-winning scientists.
- The Technion needed to better manage their recruitment and enrollment processes of the newly opened International School of Engineering (ISE)
- The school struggled to manage recruitment efforts and efficiently track outcomes of various marketing channels.
- The Technion ISE wanted to make it easier for potential students to apply for variety of programs while streamlining the processes for their staff. Usability was extremely important for both the employees and students.
- The School wanted a flexible solution that could easily be customized to grow with the school and integrate with additional applications.
- After considering applications from Blackboad, Oracle, and Microsoft the Technion ISE chose Salesforce.com, received 10 donated Enterprise licenses from the Salesforce.com Foundation, and hired Cloud for Good’s implementation services.
- Using the power of the cloud and the Force.com platform, Cloud for Good built and deployed a complete tailored solution in less than 6 weeks.
- The recruitment team is currently using web-to-lead forms on landing pages and the Google Ad Words integration to track every touch with their potential students. Additionally, a customized tool was built to manage the Technion ISE’s recruitment events.
- Vertical Response and Conga Composer from the AppExchage help to manage online marketing campaigns and create documents and labels directly from Salesforce.com.
- Applicants use an online Salesforce.com portal to apply for programs, financial aid, register for dorms and check the status of their application.
- Data submitted online is piped directly to the admission staff and triggers automatic workflows to move the applications quickly through the school’s approval process.
- Easy to build dashboards give real time access to recruitment, application, and admission metrics.
- With the cloud-based Salesforce.com solution and the donated licenses from the Salesforce.com Foundation the Technion ISE has significantly reduced its annual maintenance costs.
- The custom portal user interface makes it easier for applicants to access and submit their online application. Additionally, the secure platform protects the applicants’ privacy.
- Salesforce.com CRM makes the recruitment and admission processes more efficient; it expedites admission processing, decision making, and service. Employees spend less time on administrative tasks and focus on the school’s strategy instead.
- Salesforce CRM Marketing enables measurable ROI and data segmentation for effective and targeted marketing campaigns.
- Real-time reporting significantly increased visibility throughout the school.
“I had previous attempts to work with Salesforce in other companies and they always failed because we could not utilize the full potential of the infrastructure. Working with Cloud for Good helped my team understand the kind of contribution Salesforce can bring to our organization and we are now in the process of increasing the use of Salesforce as a full CRM system for the school.”
Ariel Geva, Managing Director, Technion International School of Engineering