Migrated from Donor Quest, a program designed for food banks, and Volunteer Works to Salesforce
The South Plains Food Bank, Inc (SPFB). is a humanitarian resource responsible for securing, growing, processing, and distributing food to charitable organizations and persons in need. South Plains Food Bank, Inc. also strives to provide opportunities for persons to break out of the poverty cycle. Food banking solves two problems, hunger and waste by collecting food donated by individuals through food drives; unsaleable food from manufacturers, wholesalers, grocery stores; unmarketable or surplus produce from farmers; and prepared, but unserved, food from restaurants. At the warehouse, the food is cleaned, sorted, packaged, and distributed to individuals and families in need through partnership with local non-profit social service agencies and churches.
- Staff wasted time duplicating information in multiple databases across the organization. This allowed little to no centralization of data and as a result, difficulty maintaining the institutional knowledge or segment the information.
- SPFB is largely volunteer based therefore, they needed a solution that allowed anyone with any level of tech savvy to accurately enter data, as well as be able to access information from any remote location.
- They were using Donor Quest, a program designed for food banks but proved to be inflexible, as well as Volunteer Works which was being discontinued. They needed a solution to manage food inventory and donor management as well as volunteers all in one cloud-based system.
- The staff was spending a lot of time on direct mail campaigns and needed to streamline the process of sending appeals and acknowledging gifts.
“Cloud for Good implemented a complete solution to track all the information about our donors and volunteers. They worked with us to clean up our 17 year old data which was maintained, coded, and updated differently over the years,” said Mr. David Weaver, CEO of SPFB.
The implementation included the following:
– Customized Nonprofit Starter Pack combined with the Cloud for Good Fundraising Package to track donations, grants, major gifts, and planned gifts.
– Custom built direct mail solution.
–Cloud for Good automated the direct mail process from data segmentation and integration with the mailing house to an integration with bar code scanners for an easy data entry process.
– Click and Pledge integration to collect online gifts.
– Conga Composer to generate tax receipts and acknowledgements.
– HubSpot integration for marketing automation.
– Volunteers for Salesforce was customized to meet the volunteer management requirements.
– Custom built volunteer kiosk solution.
– Cloud for Good created a system for volunteers to punch in and out for their shifts, thus ensuring easy reporting and accurate accounting of volunteer hours.
Centralizing the Information – “All our information including volunteer hours, financial donations and food donations , and every other touch that we have with our constituents is now organized in one location allowing us to generate concise reports, alleviating wasted staff time spent on entering and compiling information,” said Mr. Weaver.
Ready for Success – “In addition to the training available online, we set aside an hour every week to work with staff,” continued Mr. Weaver. “We will pick a topic such as pledges to make sure everyone continues to enter information correctly. The support and training we have received from Cloud for Good has been fantastic as well.”
Raising More Funds – “Donor Quest had standardized reports that were not able to be customized. In Salesforce we are able to easily create reports for board members as well as development staff to track online giving,” added Mr. Weaver. “We are now seeing a 3-4% increase each month in our online giving.” “Everyone seemed to understand the issues and needs of a nonprofit. Cloud for Good did a great job of translating Salesforce into something that speaks to our organization. I love that everything is integrated and talks to each other. We all also love the mobile apps. We are able to quickly make notes when it is fresh in our heads if we aren’t sitting at a computer. Our implementation has been a great help to our organization. We know that the system will continue to grow with our organization and ensures we will continue our mission effectively.”