Optimizing a constituent relationship management (CRM) application should be an ongoing process for any organization. After rolling out a solution that caters to your development, marketing, or HR departments you may feel like you have crossed the finish line, when in fact you have just reached the first milestone.
Salesforce encompasses the people, processes, and applications that enable organizations to organize and manage their constituent relationships. After an initial implementation your organization needs to create a holistic plan to align business processes, constituent needs, and staff to your changing environment.
At Cloud for Good we work with non-profits of all sizes to optimize their Salesforce investment. in our process we evaluate the following:
Managing your constituent or donation information is a great first step, but not the last.
In order to get a complete view of your constituents you need to begin with an evaluation of your current systems. We start by looking at the systems that contain data that could give you additional insight into how your organization interacts with its constituents. Are there event or volunteer management applications that your organization utilizes which can be integrated with Salesforce to provide a bigger view of your constituent’s interactions? Do you have program evaluation systems that will help you get a better picture of the impact your programs are making and how your donor funds are being utilized?
- Gain Executive Buy-In – One of the most crucial pieces of any Salesforce implementation is securing buy-in from top level leadership and Board of Directors in your organization. We can help you create and implement a plan that will ensure this buy-in.
- Identify Your Power Users – The variety of skills that staff at your organization possess may be incredibly diverse. From users who are familiar with card catalogs to those who never knew a phone was actually connected to the wall – you can have a vast skill set to work with.
- Train Continually – Training is not a one-time event. We will work with your team to create a tailored training plan and implement it on site with your users or remotely.
How do you properly define what is important so that Salesforce gives you the answers you need to determine if you are meeting your mission? First and foremost, you need to spend the time to take your high level mission and really work at breaking it down to specific and measurable goals that are easily measured and managed. We will work with you to define your goals and measurable outcomes. We will also help you create the following:
- Give users only the information that they want/ need to see
- Automate tasks and workflows
- Create relevant reports
Investments Mature Over Time
Just as financial investments mature over the years so will your Salesforce investment. If you take the time to analyze your systems, people, and processes to find ways to optimize your Salesforce organization you will reap the benefit in the years to come. At Cloud for Good, we are here to help you implement, assess, and optimize your Salesforce investment to carry out your mission and meet your goals more effectively.
Contact us today if you have questions about optimizing your Salesforce investment.
Read more about how your organization can become a connected nonprofit:
- Raise More Funds
- Communicate More Effectively
- Engage & Strengthen Your Community
- Deliver Better Programs
- Drive Performance